Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Little Of This/That

Although it is fun to have visitors and play a little bit (or a lot), that isn't really the standard every day life in the Harrison household (thank heavens). Below is a list of the latest normal everyday life occurrences in our home:

* JULY 14: Logan experienced his first wasp sting. At least now we know he isn't allergic...
* JULY 17th: We bought the boys a pool since they love playing in the water. Korben immediately took control of the hose and attacked Logan with the freezing cold water. I probably should have intervened but they were both laughing hysterically so I just went with it...
* JULY 28th: We decided it was time for Logan to have a "big boy" bed since one morning he chewed a part of his crib clear to splinters (not joking). After lots of searching on craigslist, we found this awesome trundle bed for only $50. Logan loves the freedom of a twin bed...and the rest of us are trying to cope with that new found freedom. :D
(We will buy another matress for the trundle as soon as someone that can use it decides to visit us...hint, hint.)

* AUGUST 1st: I attended a YW Beach Retreat that we had been planning for a month or so. The day was wonderful - lots of scripture reading, object lessons, applying the scriptures, pondering, playing, and eating...what could be better than that?

* AUGUST 5th: My cousin Johanna came to visit her brother and we all got together at the children's museum. The boys had a blast as usual. The little store area seemed to hold their interest for the longest time this time around. Korben took it upon himself to be the cashier for all the other kids coming through with their carts of food. It was adorable to see him acting out a role that he sees quite often.

* AUGUST 6th: Most of our plants have done well this year, but the tomatoes take the cake for best harvest. This was the second picking of the summer and I have already picked two more bowls full since this was taken. I have finally started giving them away because as much as we love tomatoes, we can't keep up with them.

* JULY/AUG: The boys seem to get more and more personality every day. Both of them also like to make faces for the camera. Here are just a few of our captured silly moments:
(Korben's "sad face" & Logan's "seafood face")
* AUGUST 16th: Sunday morning snuggles are one of my favorite pastimes. Since we don't have church till 1pm we all lounge about in the morning just enjoying each other's company. As tough as 1pm church can be, I sure love my snuggle time.
From August 2009
And there you have it...standard days in the life of the Harrison's.

6 comments:

Cami Sue said...

I love the update. It's cool how you have pictures of each thing. I love pictures.

Sounds like you guys are having fun and just enjoying life.

Shelley Patterson said...

How fun. The boys look like they have had such a great time. And that tomato harvest is great! We over planted our tomatoes as well and have been giving some away as well. But you gotta love those home grown tomatoes!

The Raguskus Family said...

standard still seems to be pretty fun in your household. i love the pictures of the pool...especially korben hosing logan down!

Kathy said...

Korben makes a great checker :) What a cute video! I swear, Logan always has some sort of bump on his head!

~*Autumn*~ said...

Love the pic of the kids making faces! hahaha... and I don't think that that wasp sting could have gotten much bigger! At least the worry is over and he didn't have a trip to the ER.

You are so cute Kate. I love your family and how you do things everyday with them and capture the in photos. It's great to see and experience through your blog.

KJBBBG said...

That was a great post. I feel like nothing is going on at my house. Back to our regular schedule so nothing to blog about. But you make everyday things so interesting. So maybe I can do it too. Course my boys aren't as cute as yours anymore. They're just getting to grown up.
Those tomatoes look so yummy.
You can hardly tell who the leader is in that picture of all the girls.
I love Logan's bed. Nice bedspread too. And his bump looks like many we've had. Sad it was a sting.
I love Korben's cake. Happy Birthday bud.