Friday, April 18, 2008

Games, Forts and Pudding

It's been a while, so here is an update on the Korbenator...

1. Games, Games, Games: I am so excited that Korben is now old enough to play games. He doesn't really get the whole winning thing yet, but it is still fun to just play together. He is learning to take turns, and is getting good at matching with Zingo, and counting with Hi-Ho Cherrio. If any of you are interested in an extremely fun game for kids, I would recommend Zingo. It's basically Bingo with pictures, and is simple enough for young kids, but fun for older ones as well.


















2. Our Toys R Us is closing to do some remodeling, so everything in the store was at least 40% off. I was able to get both Korben's and Logan's birthday presents taken care of! We also got Korben some fun toys to use now, his favorite being the Super Fort. It is easy for him to put the pieces together because they are magnetic. We spend many hours making and taking apart forts now.







3. Korben's favorite snack right now is chocolate pudding. He is usually pretty clean about eating it, but it must have really tasted good on this day because he ate it so fast he ended up getting it all over his face...






4. I have finally found a good way to distract Korben from wanting to watch tv. I go to the PBS and Disney websites and print pictures of his favorite tv characters for him to color. He is now so excited to run to the computer to choose his pictures for the day that he doesn't seem to miss the tv (this isn't foolproof, but is helping). This is also a huge step because Korben has never liked to color but will now spend lots of time doing it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so much more grown up than when I was there. I can hardly wait to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

GOSH! Korben is getting so big! I love that fort!! I'm totally jelous! Kaikaa said that he wants one now! :o) I got the chance to play some games myself this weekend with my friend's little boy. He is 4 and we played Candy Land! I never realized how much I missed playing a board game! Guess I'll have to bust mine out.... well after we move to the new house!

Denise said...

That fort looks very cool! The chocolate face is classic. Now that's a kid who enjoyed his treat!

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimber said...

Cool Fort! I'd love to try a new game with Nathan! He may not need a new one but I do. :S

KJBBBG said...

I love these updates. I've recently felt like I don't know what's going on (being to preoccupied with my own routine) and I love being able to view your blog and get the scoop. I can't believe how fast the time goes with these little guys. Seems the same with Andie. We were noticing how tall she has gotten and that she really is done being a baby(mostly).
Good thinking on the coloring pages. Don't you love those websites. They have great games for them to play when he gets a little older too. My boys love them too because it's the only tv experience they get, by watching them online.

I'm excited for you that Korben likes playing games. It's a great feeling when they like to do the things you like to do.