Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Miracle Phone

A few weeks ago I accidentally washed my brand new (3 week) old phone in the washing machine. When I found it, it was making a horrible buzzing sound, the screen was completely filled with water, and it wouldn't turn on. I took all of the part and laid them out separately and then forgot about it because we were going on the cruise 2 days later. Fast forward to two days ago...

It was the night before my birthday and I was getting ready for bed when I noticed my phone sitting there. I decided to put it back together so that I could give it to Korben the next day for a play phone. I put it together and thought I would just try and see if it would come on. To my surprise, the phone turned on! What kind of miracle phone do I have?! I rushed down to Mike and we did all kinds of tests on it to see if it would still take calls and make calls etc. The phone looks perfect and and everything is working perfectly (including the camera!)

The only reason we can figure that this is the case is because we have a front loading washer. Therefore, the washer doesn't fill all the way up, but only puts in enough water to get the clothes wet. This probably means that the phone didn't get wet in all of the parts or something, or Samsung just happens to make crazy unbreakable phones...either way, I'm not complaining. Now I don't have to waste $150 dollars on a replacement phone. WOOT!

5 comments:

Denise said...

LOL, I don't know why you were dismayed that it turned on, unless you were hoping for a new phone? But at the end you're happy, so it's all good.

Mental note: buy a Samsung.

Anonymous said...

You must be living right for that phone to even come on again not to mention that it all works. Woot Woot!!!!

Kathy said...

I'm so happy! Between your home phone having issues and your cell phone being taken apart, you've been a hard girl to get hold of. Maybe I'll call you tomorrow:)

Kimber said...

I have the wrong phone! 1 minute in the tub and it went haywire.

Cami Sue said...

That's awesome. Maybe laying out that long really dried everything out. Dragon dropped his in the washer when we first got our new cell phones. I wonder if it would have worked to lay out all the parts for a really long time. I'm glad we don't have to find out. Congrats.